I am an enthusiastic computer engineer who’s keen to learn about up-to-the-minute technologies and how best to utilize them. I am specifically interested in employing technology in machine learning, deep learning, and computer vision fields to solve real-world problems, and introduce facilitating technological innovations.
Currently, I am Software Engineer at Microsoft working with Big Data. A former R&D Computer Vision Eng. at Shiseido Group 資生堂. I also worked with Optecks for 2 years on some awesome projects and conducted experiments on drones.
My career journey began in 2013 when I embarked on a self-paced learning path through one of the biggest online learning platforms, Coursera. Surely an eye-catcher educational website which not only expanded my knowledge but also broadened my vision to see beyond the surrounding circumstances. This development path pushed me to pursue bigger goals and gave me hope in achieving not only my ambitions but also the ambitions of others.
Sep 2020 - Present Redmond, WA, USA
Computer Vision Engineer
Shiseido Group 資生堂
* Conducting research related to virtual arts and makeup..
* Developing and deploying C++ native algorithms into web using Emscripten.
* Deploying native algorithms into Android apps using JNI and CMake.
* Optimizing algorithms to be more efficient and run in real-time.
* Developed a smart web-based face annotation tool using JS, TensorFlow-JS and OpenCVJS.
* Working with GPU using OpenGL/WebGL.
* SHISEIDO Virtual Addon Makeup
Jan 2019 - Sep 2020 Boston, MA, USA
SySSR الجمعية السورية للبحث العلمي
* Image Processing Researcher.
* Mentor in Engineering Clubs.
2019 - Present USA
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Oklahoma
* Conducted research in Computer Vision (Object detection and tracking, Collision avoidance and Gestures recognition).
* Worked in Optecks lab on OttoFly project for autonomous drones
* C++, CMake, Boost, OpenCV, Point Cloud Library and Ardupilot.
* Developed websites using Joomla.
* Developed an android application for real time video streaming.
2017 - 2019 Tulsa, OK
* Developed Native Android and iOS application.
May 2016 Aug 2016 - Gaziantep, Turkey
Augmented Reality Developer
* Developed AR Mobile application using Wikitude.
Dec 2015 Jan 2017 - Mersin, Turkey
* PHP developer with Zend framework.
* Worked on EduTech system.
2014 - Aleppo, Syria
* Developed iOS & Android applications.
2013 - Present
NANODEGREE PROGRAM, Flying Car and Autonomous Flight
2020 - Udacity
MSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering
2017 - Dec 2018 - University of Oklahoma
Bachelor in Computer Science GPA: 3.88/4.00
2011 - 2015 - University of Aleppo
PUBLICATIONS & ARTICLES
Transportation Research Board Journal (TRP) - 2020.
International Journal of Applied Science and Research - 2020.
Master Thesis - 2018
Do you want to get hired as a Computer Vision Engineer? - 2018.
Implementation of face detection in iOS using Haar feature-based cascade classifiers in OpenCV - 2018/
SOME OF MY WORK
The most interesting aspect about this specialization is that it was launched recently, in 2017. Therefore, it covers a variety of key concepts and networks in deep learning. The courses in this specialization also explain many types of NN, such as CNN, Neural Style, RNN, LSTM, etc. Additionally, Keras and Tensorflow are used in some of the assignments. I recommend these courses for anyone wants to start learning in this field; moreover, Stanford CS231n: Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition is also recommended.
Note that this specialization is taught by Prof. Andrew NG!
* Machine Learning Specialization
This specialization is the most favorite one for me. I strongly recommend it and they start from scratch. The only negative side about it in my opinion is using GraphLab python library which is free for Academic Use. You can find almost all the functions in scikit-learn python library.
(4 courses) | Coursera by University of Washington
* Big Data | University Of Oklahoma
* Introduction to Game Development
| Coursera by Michigan State University
* Control of Mobile Robots
I like the idea of "Glu lectures" used in this course. It does not dig too much into details. Also recommended for anyone wants to start in Robotic world.
| Coursera by Georgia Institute of Technology
It is a well-known course with 11 weeks of heavy study. No comments needed ^_^.